Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of school 2008

Back to school today. Of course, we had to get photos.

Yes Grandpa, he is wearing his socks pulled up all of the way in his sandals. I TRIED to get him to at least push them down and he was quite determined: "but I like them this way"

*shudder* he is going to be an engineer.

Quite the difference from last year. I can't help noting to
myself that the jeans in last year's photo are now torn and too short. 12 months. Much bigger boy. On my thought tangent I wonder when I'll be ready to let go. When do you stop being a parent? I don't think you do. From the moment a child is conceived/handed to you through the blessing of adoption, you are a parent until the day that you die. It made me think back to yesterday when I went to go see the new baby. Here is the new momma breastfeeding her precious new baby. And here is the momma of that new momma feeding her precious baby. I doesn't matter if that baby is someone's mom too. That nanny will always be a mom to her daughter too.
I'm glad for that you know. Mostly because I don't think that I ever *want* to stop being thier mom. I don't think that feelings of love this strong ever could be gone from me. I don't want them to be. I would have such a hole inside of me.

No comments: