Friday, February 13, 2015

The Day the Neighbour's Dog Came Over

The boys are missing having a dog in the house.  I will admit that I am missing it too.  When I come home there is no little face to greet me and confirm that my junk is still the same junk that I left the house with.  They've been enjoying playing with other people's dogs.  A lot.

So this morning after a fun 6 am run and bootcamp I brought home the neighbours sweet old dog.  Those children have not gotten out of bed and dressed that quickly since we've arrived!!

Jess is sweeet, sweeet girl who's own family's children are now teenagers.  She is a sweeet lovebug and has the stomach of a lab.  She loved all over the boys and cleaned my floors like they've not been cleaned since we arrived.

I brought her home while I brought the kids to school and then brought her back over when I got back.  Now she is helping me to plan our trip to Tasmania.  To be honest, It is good to have the help of an Australian.

Update, her dad came over to check on her and she flat out snubbed him.  Foxy minx that she is!  She walked away and back in to the house.  When I brought her home later she made it quite clear that she was not pleased to be getting dropped off at home.  She tells a sad story like most dogs I've met.  I've met her family, I'm not sure that I am buying her side of things ;)




There is one thing that is for sure, Jess DOES NOT LIKE STORMS.  We had a big one blow through and she paced until she found a good closet to hide in.  Poor sweetie.  We brought her home after it was well past the house.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is freaking adorable. Every house needs a dog. Glad that you've found each other.