Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Drama Llamas

Months ago we applied for the Special Services at Home (SSAH) program.  We were approved, but like so many other programs, put on a waiting list.

Fast forward to January 15, the day we left Ottawa, and the good folks at the SSAH office were writing us a letter to say that we were in and could start invoicing them for services OBTAINED IN ONTARIO.  *facepalm*

So I set up a call with them to discuss it.  I recently figured out how to call home using the Google hangout dialer over WiFi. The day we were supposed to speak, the Internet was down.  I drove in to town, but neither the WiFi at the bank or library would allow the call. We rescheduled for this morning.  

I arranged with a friend to make the call from her house using the WiFi. I got up this morning and the drama llamas hid my shoes, so I hopped in the car without them.  The car wouldn't start, so I ran in to the house, changed out of my sun dress in to shorts and grabbed my running shoes.  I hopped on a bike and rode off down the road.  I had 10 minutes to get to my friend's house to make the call on time.  About 500m from the house I realized that my back tire was really low, but I didn't want to stop, so I biked the last 4k like that.

It was quite a sight.

Bloody drama llamas.

I made the call, 10 minutes late.  She was very gracious.

They are going to look in to our current status as "residents of Ontario" and let us know if we are able to invoice them now, or if we need to wait until we get back.

Dear drama llamas, enough already.  I want my Internet back, I want my car to work* and I want to be able to rent a camper van in Tasmania**.

*it came back after a boost, just like it did two weeks ago.  It's clear that the battery is on its way out though, so best to replace it on our terms, rather than wait to be stranded again.

**I don't actually WANT to sleep in a camper van for 10 days, but the doodle's face just fell when I told him they were all rented out already, so I want to do it for him.  More to come on this one. 


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: