Saturday, April 4, 2015

A Fun Run

I am meant to be training for the Spartan Beast that is quick approaching.  It is possible that I have already signed up for another sprint and another beast.  It is also possible that those two events will take place on the same day.  Only time will tell if that was a terrible or a terrific idea...
 So I dragged myself out for a hilly trail run.  I am fighting a cold and it was apparent in my speed, but what I lacked in speed I made up for in sheer determination, so I climbed to the top of that hill and fought the battle that we all face daily when we challenge ourselves.  I had to tell my legs to keep going and my brain to stop telling me that I couldn't do it.
I did it!  It wasn't my fastest, or most impressive, but it got done.  When I got home Dave was good enough to be sure that I did not neglect appropriate re hydration. This is currently one of our favourite local wines.


1 comment:

Grandma C said...

Folks who DON'T have drive and determination rarely want to believe that that is what separates you from them. They would rather believe you were "born" with something they CAN'T/DON'T have. I know that you work for everything you get. Way to go, dear.