Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Things are Getting Busy

Okay, it's been busy all along.  Usually though I am able to keep the blog reasonably up to date.  Tonight I am sitting here posting...about why I am so busy that I am behind in my posts.

The main reason is two fold.  1-we are 2 days away from leaving for our first term school break road trip and we simultaneously have decided to scrap our travel plans for the second term school break and start re-booking things.  Why not do those two things at the same time?

2-we had a nice peaceful weekend where Monkey and I spent far more time than most flat out in bed.  Both because we are fighting something and just because we like to hang out together and read. Dave and I extended that nice weekend feeling in to this evening where we got to go out together on a date.

So I am behind on the blog posts.

So why are we changing up the second term plan?  Don't worry, we will still rent a camper bus, we've just decided to move the starting point of the road trip about 1000k north, from Sydney up to the Gold Coast.  A couple of months has given us a better appreciation of geography.  It has also demonstrated that it is stupidly challenging to navigate a Camry through the roads of Sydney.  Neither one of us wants to commandeer a bloody camper bus through those same winding, narrow streets.  So after endless rounds of rock, scissors, paper, lizard, Spock (RIP Leonard Nimoy), we opted to just stuff the whole thing, book some flights and drive from the Gold Coast north to Cairns and then fly home.
So we'll land in the Gold Coast and do all of the tacky touristy things like the amusement parks and such, then we'll drive up north in a camper van and hit the Great Barrier Reef.  If we'd started and ended in Sydney, we simply never would have made it that far north.

I sat on the couch tonight.  There was a beautiful sunset, so Dave and I sat on the outdoor couch and watched the sun set.  It's possible the mouse joined us and watched it too.  I don't want to know if he did.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good plan. That country is massive. Like, like... oh wait :-)