Sunday, April 5, 2015

A Very Dry Country

My dad is a pretty smart guy.  Frustratingly wise at times.  My teenage years were fraught with irritation at his smug wisdom.  
 It's hard to get one over on the old man.  I accomplished it a few times, most of which I still remember, notable as those events are!
 So in a recent conversation with my dad I explained how dry it is here.  I told him it was dry.
 He argued that there must be water nearby.
 I said dad, it's REALLY dry.
 He said "fine, but that must be because the dams are holding back the water".
Dad, these are photos of Redbank dam (the one by the trail run that I did).  This is BOTH SIDES of the DRY DAM.  It really is dry dad.  Really, really dry.

So the score is now bazilliondy seven to eight.  I'm getting there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will concede this one. Where are all the vineyards???

Dad