Monday, April 27, 2015

It's Not All Rainbows and Sunshine

In fact, there has been NO SUNSHINE.  What does that mean?  That means that we don't have any hot water.  None.  We are boiling the kettle to wash dishes and there are lukewarm showers for everyone.

The laundry behind me has been on the line for 4 full days of rain.  It is some of the best rinsed laundry that I have ever run.  If there is still soap in it, I don't know what can ever be done to fix that!!
 That sky is still looking ominous, but I am hopeful.  So very hopeful.

The grass and the trees are lush and happy.
 Since I know that you all come to the blog to find out about my laundry, I will let you know how this one ends.  I kept feeling the laundry and finding it damp then checking the sky.  I finally noticed that the sky was looking like rain, so I put on my shoes to grab the almost dry laundry and the skies opened up and poured rain while I was slipping on my shoes.

I JUST NEED SOME PANTS, UNIVERSE!!!!!  IS THIS SO MUCH TO ASK FOR????

Then, just because today is not my day.  At. All.  When I go to the mail box, I get this:
 That, my friends, is a speeding ticket for doing 45 km/h in a 40 zone.  On a Saturday, captured by a speed camera.  That bad decision cost $185.  I am really hoping that there are not more of those on their way in the days to come.

So I mustered up my coping skills and first I ate my feelings.  They tasted very good, thank you for asking.
 Then I went for a run with my monkey to get the good endorphins flowing.
Then Dave opened a bottle of wine.  He's a good man that Dave.

No comments: