Saturday, April 25, 2015

Feast or Famine

We rolled in to Mudgee in the pouring rain.  I mean pelting, driving rain.  I unloaded the car on to the covered porch and we got things sorted.

I ran three loads of laundry.  We had cleaned as many clothes as we needed to to get us home while we were in Melbourne, but came home with suitcases full of dirty laundry.  I hung it on the line and it promptly started to rain.  Pour.  For two days.  All of our clothes are now very well rinsed.  The boys all have clothing, but I am out of pants.  I have no pants.  At all.  Yesterday I wore a skirt, it is cold here.  I should remind you gentle readers, that houses here usually do not have clothes dryers.  It is not at all uncommon that ours does not.

It would be very un-Australian to complain about the rain, but I need pants.  Feast or famine in this country.

No comments: