Wednesday, October 7, 2015

How Our Exchange Partners Taught Me Not To Check My Emails

I have gotten in to the habit of checking my phone/iPad immediately upon waking. You see, when I wake up it is the middle of the afternoon back home.  Most of a day has happened and I want to see if there is anything that I need to know about.

Yesterday when I checked my emails there was one from our exchange family saying that the hand mixer had given up the ghost.  No dramas.  I hopped on to Amazon.ca and ordered one to be shipped directly to them.

This morning I woke up and they had emailed to say that there was a light flashing on the hot water tank, the water was cold and there was some water on the floor.  I'm no expert, but this didn't sound like a problem easily solved.

Thankfully we have a fabulous team of people on the ground. The awesome Matt Oderkirk of Oderkirk Renovations will be heading over to see if it is something "simple".  If it can't easily be sorted we will likely need to buy a new tank.  My awesome dad has already scoped that whole situation out and knows what we need and who has what in stock.

We are so blessed to know that while we are off on vacation, inside our year long adventure, we are big so well supported by our awesome friends and family back home.

That said, I won't be checking my emails tomorrow.  I don't like the direction the emails are going!

***Update: Matt was able to reset the hot water tank and get it working again.  Meanwhile my father had someone lined up to install a brand new tank if we had needed one.  I remain incredibly grateful to the amazing people in our lives!

No comments: