Saturday, October 3, 2015

Scratch Art, a Hot Run and a Boat Cruise

The boys started the day off at an art activity. 
BigC loves scratch art so it was a no brainer to make sure he was there.
He got some well deserved down time afterwards. When we get home I will be looking up how to make a sand a water table in his size for the basement.  There is a cement area with a drain and a laundry tub down there.  I think we can do this without too much mess.
I am staring down the barrel at my final two Spartan races in less than 2 weeks. As much as I am loving Darwin, it is hard to be here without any workout equipment.  Today I opted to make due with what I have out on nature.
I ran 8km and stopped every 1k to do either push ups, triceps dips, run up these stairs or do pull ups on parking barriers.  It was HOT and I was a puddle at the end, but I'm glad I did it.
In the evening we met up with some other Canadian exchange teachers and went on a private boat cruise on Darwin Harbour.
It was absolutely fabulous to see everythingfrom this vantage point.
Take note Grandpa.  This is a customs vessel and BigC wants you to see it.
 Here are some naval ships in port for you to see.
The sun set was gorgeous.
BigC spent the better part of the boat cruise chatting with the captain and considering his options if he were to choose a life at sea



No comments: