Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Spartan Double Trifecta-Done and Dusted!

Anna and I took about an hour to recover from doing the Spartan Super before suiting up in dry clothes and heading off for our Sprint. I had fully understood that the sprint would be around 6km.  You know that he Sprint course is some portion of the Super course. I just had not paid attention to which parts when I was doing the Super.  The answer is that it was most of the hard bits and a whole lot of the running bits!  My Garmin lost satellite reception a couple of times but still managed to teack over 7k of total distance!
 The pace and elevation stats make me laugh!  You run, stop for an obstacle,  run, stop, burpees. All par for the Spartan course!
 Yesterday's post discusses the Spartan 300 and that was featured at the end of the Sprint too.  Oh. My. Goodness. Was I ever tired coming in to it this time. The only part that was different was that the dumpsters that they were using for the ice baths had thawed and drained, so we didn't have that to cool us down this time through. 

In the end, done and dusted. Second trifecta earned (yes, there is a special medal just for that). Likely the first Canadian to earn two in Australia  (I have not yet confirmed that).  They even gave us a snazzy patch for having been stupid crazy enough to do two races in one day. 

Here is all of the race bling for my 2015 Australian Spartans.
 I'm pleased, but exhausted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So. much. race. bling!