Friday, December 25, 2015

NZ Day 11-Wanaka to Punakaiki

We were a bit worried that my arm would not allow us to get this far, but so far so good!  Big road trip day today.

I am high as a kite and couldn't do any of the driving. I would say I planned the timing of that well!
The scenery was gorgeous. I didn't grab many photos since the whole island is just amazing.

That and I was dozing with my good friend Percocet.  We came upon a sign for a detour and I tried to grab a photo. 
 
 There was obviously a rock fall at some point and they've just moved the road over a couple of meters to go around it.

Gas. Gas costs whatever they feel like charging you considering it is the last petrol for 120km. Deal with it.
 We arrived in Punakaiki in the afternoon and monkey and I played Jenga
 While BigC hit the beach. We got some good advice when we were looking at places to stay over Christmas.
It's Christmas eve here and we have booked a private stargazing session on the beach. Staring up at the heavens seems like a wonderful way to prepare our hearts and minds for Christ's birthday tomorrow. 

No comments: