Monday, December 28, 2015

NZ Day 14-Punakaiki to Nelson

Wow. We've been here for 2 weeks. It has been so much fun that it both feels like forever and like we just arrived.
 All of hated to leave the beach. With the promise of my mom's favourite part of NZ as our next stop we packed up the car and go on the road.

Blah, blah scenery amazing...crazy one lane, blind corner bridges...more amazing scenery....

Dave changed the bandage on my arm yesterday but both us us were feeling a bit clueless as to whether it looked awesome or terrible. Photos to friends in the know didn't really help much so we opted to visit the nurses in Nelson.  For only $20 these beautiful people are happy to change my dressing and tell me what they think.
She loved the dressing that Dave did and said that arm looks great. Yay!!!
Apparently everything is healing wonderfully and we don't need to go back in unless something changes. What a relief!

We are staying at an awesome little private cabin off the beaten track so we stopped for provisions.

I must be having the best luck ever as I saw this dude holding a metal chicken. Of course, I NEEDED a selfie with it!!
 So now we are tucked away in our cute little cottage. After more than a week in hostels with shared kitchens and moSt recently, shared washrooms, it is great to have a space all our own for a few days.

No comments: