Sunday, August 5, 2007

DPoD August 5th - Welcome to our Home

Welcome CC to Canada!!
She arrived today after a very long journey and has been quite eager to learn all about our quaint Canadian lifestyle. She joined us for dinner at grandma and grandpa’s house where we feasted on pulled pork – the boys favourite – and corn. We then had a fabulous dessert of watermelon, fresh cherries and some of Y’s green tea. Her English skills are very advanced and she is quite polite. She joined me at the store tonight and we got her all set for the week ahead, however I’ll have to find out where I can get some arrepa (though I'm not sure of the spelling since she tells me that there's no real translation to enligsh) for her meals. She has had a great time with the boys and seems to be settling in just fine.Here are a few shot of both of the girls pushing both of our boys on the swings in the backyard.


Big C was so blissed out that when he got home he passed right out onto Monkey's bed. Please note that Monkey is having a sleepover at grandma and grandpa's house. Neither the bed got larger nor Big C got smaller.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you.
I am an uncle of She
I live in Kobe Japan.
I am very glad to see she that seems to be happy.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I asked my spanish coworker where to find arrepas. There's one place on Sommerset (right around the corner from my work), one at Merivale/Carling, and one in the east end. I'll pick up arrepas and bring them to soccer tonight.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Its me Matthew, CC´s brother
Im so happy she´s there with you guys enjoying her stay in Canada.

Just saw the first pictures, cool!

Okay, just wanted to say hi, and from now on, i´ll be visiting this webpage and blog frequently :) so i can see some pics of my Sis, the Japanese girl (Y) and of course, you guys.

Bye bye!