Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Day One in Sydney

The Australians would be absolutely horrified, but our first stop was Starbucks.  We sat int he second level of a lovely Starbucks on George Street and discussed the architecture of the surrounding buildings. It's been so long since I've been in a Starbucks (February) that it took me a full five minutes to even remember my usual order.  Grandpa has promised to take me back to the one on Hunt Club road when I return to Canadian soil.

We joined up with the I'm Free Sudney tour at 10:30 and proceeded to walk to all of the fun spots between town hall and the Rocks.  It's possible that I had not fully explained the fitness requirements to my dad before we set out.  He hit 10,000 steps by the end of the tour and 18,000 for the day over all.  I suspect we will all sleep very soundly tonight!

The boys, but especially Big C stuck to the guide like glue. She did a fantastic job and we are looking forward to joining the I'm Free evening Rocks tour before we leave.  It is all about the original convict settlers of the area.  Promises of ghost and goal stories have me eagerly looking forward to it!
We got to see all of the sights and make sure that Grandpa got to see them too.
Tomorrow Big C will be taking Grandpa to see the Powerhouse Museum. This museum is similar to the former Science and Technology museum in Ottawa.  It is full of trains, space stuff and more things to blow Grandpa's mind.  Big C has been waiting since February to show this place to Grandpa and the anticipation is palpable around here tonight!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Similar to the former Science and Technology museum? Those two might need sleeping bags, because they are never ever going to leave :-)

Saje said...

They love, love, love it there. Dad was really impressed and even HE was talking about it for days afterwards.