Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Eagle Has Landed

While I was in Sydney this weekend I managed to connect with this guy and bring him home to Mudgee. I usually sit at the head of the table...except when my parents show up of course. 
 He brought a suitcase filled with goods I'd had shipped to him as well as a couple of yummy Canadian treats:
 He is currently teaching the children about the ins and outs of mathematical theory.
 He is trying to teach Monkey about the circumference of a circle.  I heard the words "radius", "pi" and "thingamajiggy"
 I missed my dad.  I did, but I was unable to help Monkey as he cast me confused looks.  Kid, you just got a 15 minute glimpse into my childhood.  Sorry dude, you're on your own here.
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He brought marshmallows and math theory.
Oh dad :-)

Carol Badenoch said...

Oh, my goodness. I remember you and Heather asking Tom for help with high school math. He'd get part way through a question, and then say, "Do you want to see something neat?" You'd say, "no Dad, I just want the answer." He'd say OK, and then a few minutes later would say, "Oh let me show you something neat." Yup! Part of your youth.