Thursday, August 6, 2015

My Brain is Mush

Things in my brain are a bit screwy.  Seriously.  I now understand how my brother in law left the Canary Islands for Canada because he "missed seasons".

I found myself reading a book by a North American author who was talking about winter.  I got nostalgic. I thought to myself "how bad can winter be when you have central heat?".  Intellectually I know that I hate Canadian winter more than I hate brussel sprouts and people who talk with food in their mouths.  Somehow though my brain has forgotten this as I sit here and freeze in my house.  I suspect this same light brain fog is the reason that I got pregnant a second time and gave birth TWICE to 10+ pound children without the assistance of anesthetics.  So there is a history here...  As I remember it, Canadian winters are not so bad.  I know that can't be right...but here we are.

We will return in January and I am fully confident that it will take me about 45 seconds to remember this:


I will wish to be back here and confident that as a Canadian I can easily do another Mudgee winter. I will be wistful and wish for the opportunity.  I understand that even as I throw more wood on the fire.
 (wife's cold feet not included)  This meme made Dave and I just about wee!  The last several mornings we have woken up to discover that he had thrown all of the covers off of himself and generously over on to me and the floor on my side of the bed.

It's amazing how quickly and easily a person can forget how not green the grass is on the other side of the fence. I'm cold.  I want it to warm up soon.  At the same time I find that I no longer despise the icy toilet seat on my tender back side.  I have become accustomed to it.  It is less horrible now.  Also, unrelated, I have found that a couple of glasses of wine warm me up nicely.

I hope this post makes sense, I'm nice and warm tonight

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh no. You are delusional. There is no logical reason to leave the Canary Islands and move to Canada. Your return date is mid-$%^ January. You KNOW this will be bad. You know this intellectually, but some part of your brain has forgotten. Sista, just as you arrive back is when I'm hoping to be driving south with Yoda for many weeks of warmer weather.