Friday, September 14, 2007

Deep Thoughts

Well, in 25 minutes I am going to put my first born on the school bus and send him off. This morning my baby got in bed for the 5th day in a row and didn't nurse. He wouldn't be able to nurse again at this point if he wanted to. They really are growing up. I am holding up okay, there are tears streaming down as I type, but they are not really sad tears (probably mostly brought on by the hormonal changes from not being pregnant or breastfeeding for the first time since April of 2003-lol!!!).

I heard a great quote on Sunday (how timely that God would put it out there for me just when I needed to hear it).

In this house we give you both roots and wings.
They are both moving to the next fabulous stage in their lives, separating from us a little more with each step. This is what we are raising them to do, and I know that they are both ready. I will be too, but I will mourn each step as they take it further and further away from me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing a wonderful job sweetie. I understand the fighting back the tears part. It's tough watching him grow up, but moving as well. You've poured your heart and soul into those little boys and it shows with every smile, every stride of confidence and every hug that they give to those around them. You should be very, very proud.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both!!!!

Anonymous said...

Is am your Mom, and I could not be more proud of you. You are raising the most amazing little fellas a Grandma could hope for. You give me a little bit of hope that I did SOMETHING right when I gave love to you.