Friday, September 14, 2007

Getting on the school bus

I showed up at the day care as we had discussed and Monkey was quite concerned that I was there to pick him up.  He was so ready to get on the bus.  I went accross the parking lot and waited.  I trained both cameras on the door and soon they came out all holding hands.  He looked so small with the older kids beside him.

When the bus pulled up he was totally ready and walked right on without looking back.  Just to remind us all of the genetic link he tripped a bit at the top of the stairs he didn't fall though.

He sat in the window and looked around the bus taking it all in.  He saw me once I knocked on the window and he smiled at me.  There was not one speck of anxiety or concern from my little man.  The bus pulled away and he was looking towards the front to the new adventures that lay ahead. 

The camera is at the day care so that Dave can pick it up and upload some pictures when he gets home at lunch.  The video might be a little jiggly since I was taking the video and the still photos at the same time.

I met him as he was getting off the bus at school.  He told me that he had a great ride and gave me a hug.  He waited with the other children and then went in to the school without looking back.  I am sure that he is having an amazing time right now.
-------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

No comments: