Sunday, October 21, 2007

Momma's trip so far...

There will be pictures to come after I get back, for now this will have to do.

It is 6:15 local time and Jen is still asleep.  Yesterday was so much fun.  The flights were painless and we even watched Harry Potter, so that was pretty cool.

I arrived and quickly met us with Jen who had made her way over on the ferry.  We grabbed a quick lunch at Sam's Deli and then started our tour.  We walked by the historic Empress Hotel and then did a tour past the artisans on the wharf on our way to the parliament buildings.  From there we came back towards downtown and did some shopping. 

For two years now I have been looking for tall boots that I can wear with jeans, dress pants and skirts.  The trouble is that I have size 11 feet and slender legs.  Everything either doesn't fit my feet at all, orsloshes around my legs.  We found a great pair of riding boots at the first store that we went to and they look amazing.  I couldn't believe that they actually had three pairs of size 11 boots-that never happens!!!!

We stopped in and Jen had some port while I enjoyed a local beer made by Race Rocks.

Back out on tour after that and we did a bit more shopping before heading to the hotel to freshen up for supper.

We ate at il Terazzo and it was AMAZING.  I had some spagetti meal with crumbled meatballs and it was like there was a party in my mouth.  Best sauce in a long time!!  We split a bottle of Valpolacella and had a fantastic meal.

After supper we headed to the Empress for a martini and a chat in their bar.  They had the coolest ceiling fans in there.

It was 10:00 local time, so 1 am Eastern and we turned in.  I miss my guys a lot.  I even woke up at the same time as they would have woken up back home.  Then I rolled over!!

Love you guys : )
-------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great score on the boots!!