Thursday, May 14, 2015

Mother's Day

Monkey invited me to join him at Scouts the Tuesday before Mother's Day so that I could be celebrated along with the other moms.  Australians seem to set this up as a fun active type of event.

First the boys all stuffed baked potatoes for us and then they wrapped them in foil and threw them directly in to the fire.

We played a few games, one of which would be best described as hockey with cardboard rolls.  They call out a kid's name and then we both race to grab the cardboard rolls and attempt to get the stuffed bunny through the goal posts.



 I won.  These hips don't lie.  

Then we all played hungry hungry hippos.  The team puts one member on a rolling board and then sets you in to the middle of the fracas to use a laundry basket to get as many balls as you can.

 After the burnt potatoes were consumed we got banana boats (if you don't know what these are then you have never been camping).  They were served with custard and were delicious.

On Mother's Day Big C lept out of bed and raced in to the kitchen to make me breakfast.  He had some hand made gifts for me and I got lots of cuddles in bed.  It was fabulous.

Post Mother's Day (Monkey was camping on Mother's Day) he took me out to Outside the Square Cafe and treated me to afternoon tea with a really delicious lemon cheesecake.

1 comment:

Carol Badenoch said...

Monkey, in a few weeks, you can take ME to the same cafe. I can't wait!!!