Friday, May 15, 2015

Stuff

This week has been a reasonably quiet one, all things considered.  We are in the final stages of planning our upcoming trip to Queensland and making preparations for Grandma's arrival.

This map is alternatively up on the wall and on the table as I plan our campervan driving route the 2000km from Brisbane to Cairns.  Along the way we will be taking a full day tour out to see the Great Barrier Reef and hanging out at various awesome beaches and such.
This morning after I dropped the boys off, I swung by the local grocery store and bought some meat from their clearance (just about out of date) section for dinner.  Then I went home and blew a wad on a huge trip.  I live in contradictions.

 The weather look gorgeous, but it is actually quite cold and windy.  The fire has been lit for more than 24 hours straight now.
I have an escape plan though!  I am flying to the Gold Coast in about 18 hours to earn the last pie piece of my first Australian Spartan Trifecta.  The Gold Coast is about 10 hours north of here and is forecast to be MUCH warmer.  I am happy to do that for a few days!

No comments: