Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Boys

The boys are thriving here.  In the summer months they can run around and bike, jump on the trampoline, play on the scooters and the like.  The nice thing is, here they can do it in the "winter" as well.

Both boys packed clothes that fit when we left and some items to grow in to.  I am grateful that winter is short here, as both boys are currently wearing the same sizes in long items.  They are both growing like crazy too! Every time Dave sorts the laundry I end up with at least one pair of the children's pants in my pile.  He complains that the pants are all almost the same size.

It is a really good thing that I have been getting so many deals on clearance food at the grocery store recently. Dave and I have both noticed that there have been negotiations for the remaining dinner rather than having leftovers to store in the fridge.  The kids are both eating and growing.  Australia is good for them (not that they were short when they arrived!).

I am learning to cook larger portions than I've ever needed to in the past and to be sure that I have lots of healthy snacks available for the little tummies.

Grandma, Big C's fleece PJs don't fit.  I hope that you are intending to bring a few homemade items in larger sizes when you arrive in 8 days!!!

I have no idea what size of winter outerwear they will need when we return!

1 comment:

Carol Badenoch said...

In Canada, we are coming into summer -- not fleece weather. There is NO selection but I DID find some red stuff with maple leaves -- very Canadian. I have never paid more than $8 per meter, because fleece, in season seems to always be on sale. Not so in May. This is $20 per meter. Has he ever worn $45 pajamas? I love him dearly, but he's getting one pair.