Thursday, May 28, 2015

Nothing Left to Blog About

The other day I thought to myself, "there really isn't much left to blog about".  I should not have despaired.  Life gives me so much to work with around here, it is really just a matter of time really.  

Tonight Dave is out for a "blokes night out".  I had to pop over to the next door neighbour's house to drop something off.  Of course, she and I got to chatting and I came home about 10 minutes after I left.  Monkey was supposed to be showering and Big C was meant to be playing French computer games.

When I came up the drive I could hear a commotion and could see the boys running around.  I visually confirmed that the house was not in flames (check) and that I could get a visual on both children (check, but Monkey was running around in a towel).  I came in and the boys announced that there is a frog in the shower that they are trying to catch.

Of course there is.
I was informed that they have named him "froggy woggy".  I'm going to go with FW for short.  So the plan appears to be a catch and release type of plan.  Solid.  I can support that.  I give it a go, but this little sucker is FAST.

He quickly escapes from the shower and makes his way up the hall and hits the laundry room.  Good plan FW, there is an exterior door there, we can work with this.  He is working on fear and ducks quickly in between the washing machine and the cupboards.  Fail.
So at that point I am forced to put the plastic container on top of him and encourage him towards the door.  Keep in mind that everything over here is poisonous.  Is this guy poisonous?  I have no idea.  Anyone?
We get him out in to the open and show him his freedom.
Like a smart creature that is trying to stay alive he takes the open door and makes a break for it.  Good work little fella.  Enjoy.
I head back to the front door to make my second run over to the neighbour's place with the last of my stuff when I discover this guy at the top of the door on the outside.  He is just a Huntsman though, and no threat.  I chuckle that in the confusion of coming home to discover the children running around, one in a towel, I walked right past this guy without noticing him at all.

No comments: