Saturday, May 9, 2015

New Experiences that Elude Me

On the whole Australians are a bright bunch.  I'll forgive them their convict roots and give credit where credit is due.  They are an intelligent group on the whole.

So, with that said.  I can not for the life of me figure out why they consistently ignore best practices when it comes to things having to do with colder weather.  It isn't as if the technology doesn't exist.  Canadians, Russians, and the Scandinavians all manage to stay warm in cold climates just fine.  We've been doing so for years in fact.

So what is the issue here Australia?  In one of the local schools (name witheld to protect the ridiculous), the heating system in the auditorium consists of 4 elements resembling large toasters hanging at the ceiling level.  THE CEILING??  Heat rises Australia, it doesn't fall, yes, even in the Southern Hemisphere!  Do I need to bother to mention that they are highly ineffective?

So this morning I wake up to go for a wee trail run and there is frost on the windows of the car.  Apparently no one in this country has even heard of an ice scraper!  I'm serious!  Imma start importing those bad boys by the ship hull full and sell them to these people!  Apparently if there is frost on your car you are supposed to turn the hose on it.  I couldn't make this stuff up!  There is a long standing drought in this country. If you have a shower longer than 3-5 minutes everyone loses their minds but you use water to get frost off of the car?  Surely an ice scraper, a $5 item ($58 when I start selling them, save your pennies up Aussies), would be a better solution?

I don't get it at all.  Silly Aussies.

No comments: