Friday, May 22, 2015

Zone Running Festival

Some of you will recall that Monkey came in fifth at his school cross country meet a few weeks ago.  That placement qualified him for the zone festival.
 Today was the zone festival and our man was nervous.  He's been training hard and felt as ready as he could get.
 He ran his heart out. He didn't place very highly, but he feels good about his results. 

Here's a video of the boy running.  Yes, when he gets close enough I yell really loudly.  He's my kid, you're just going to need to live with that!
There was a brief moment of upset after the race (they didn't even tell him where he placed, just gave him a pat on the back at the finish line). However, that upset was quickly overcome when I offered to buy him a bacon and egg roll (it's an Australian concoction where you take a roll and add a fried egg and bacon).

Here we are post race.  It took a little while, but you can see the awesome smile on his face.


1 comment:

Grandma C said...

Oh, Monkey, I am so very proud of you. About a year ago, I watched a video of you running, and you were pretty sore and tired. NOT THIS TIME!! You look so strong and determined. I love you