Sunday, September 27, 2015

Adventure Tours Day 4-Katherine Gorge

After almost getting in to a fight with our camping neighbours last night we woke up this morning and headed to Katherine Gorge for a river cruise.  BUT before that happened the only couple on this trip without kids went for a helicopter ride over the gorge and he proposed!  
The water in the Gorge is low at this time of the year so our boat cruise involved three different boats as well as a bit of walking from one boat to the next.
The wet season is coming and will sort out the water levels.
We had a picnic lunch and then went to Edith Falls for a swim. I love this sign.  A quick summary: "look, no guarantees but we are reasonably certain that there are none of the nasty crocodiles in here. Good enough by Aussie standards. Swimming is open, have fun!"
  I need to clarify something here about the crocodiles.  We ARE swimming in crocodile infested waters.  They are fresh water crocodiles. They are apparently "shy" and "more scared of me than I am of them". I sure hope so.  I was definitely hoping so today when Dave, Monkey and I swam across to the waterfall in the photo below across all of that deep water!
Tonight as we pull in to camp, BigC is watching the rail line that we are driving next to.

No comments: