Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Adventure Tours Day 5-Litchfield part 2

The second falls of the day was Florence Falls.  Dave and Monkey quickly swum out to the middle of the falls.  What an amazing spot! 

 BigC stayed back and played in the smaller rock pools.

We stopped quickly to see Tolmer Falls.  They are preserving the local endangered bat habitat so it is not permitted to get close to the water.
 We stopped for lunch at Wangi Falls and went for our final swim.  We all swam out to the falls and played in the water together.
 I have spent the last few days sharing my vast knowledge of crocodiles in my posts. I've gone on and on about how freshwater crocs are in the waters that we've been swimming in and talking about how that doeant worry us as they are not scary or aggressive. I'm really, really glad that I did not see this sign until we finished swimming!

Then, sadly, we hopped in to the bus for our drive back to Darwin.  Everything we brought with us is FILTHY. I. Can't. Even.  Tonight will be a night of divide and conquer.  Dave will run out and find something to cook for dinner and I will pour the contents of our luggage directly in to the washing machine at the hostel.

To keep up with our carefully charted wine countdown we brought 3 bottles of Mudgee wine with us on this 5 day tour.  We are bringing 0 bottles home.  We have 2 more bottles stored in Darwin. Dave wouldn't let me bring more than 5 bottles of wine with us on this trip.  It is a 16 day trip with children.  5 bottles seems woefully insufficient.

No comments: