Tuesday, July 1, 2008

DPoD July 1 - A beautiful decade

Today, in fact likely right about the time that I'm typing this, marks a decade since the day that my wife and I met. We were dating for 2 years, engaged for 1 and now married for nearly 7. It's been a wonderful time and has travelled both smoothly and all too fast at times. I consider myself lucky to have her and our kids in my life.
Here are some photos from our fabulous day together. We started with strawberry pancakes that Mr. I, Big C and daddy made together. We then went to the community centre where we made cotton candy as volunteers for our church. It was a great time. We had about as much cotton candy on our arms as we did on the little sticks. The boys played on the bouncy castles and did a few laps of the go kart track before we had a bbq lunch and headed home for a little down time.

We then went to a friend's Canada Day pool party. Both boys LOVED the pool, especially Big C who shared some really cute moments with Daddy. We left from there after saying our farewells to go to E-man's house for the next party.
There we lots of food, fun and laughter. Mr. I hung out with E-man's cousins, J and E. They went over to the nearby park to kick a soccer ball around and then returned for dinner. The boys had lots of fun playing on the big climber in their yard and splashing into the puddle at the bottom of the big slide. All too soon we sung Happy Birthday to Canada and were off for some well deserved R and R. Whew! What a wonderful way to spend our 'anniversary'.

I love you more each day than the one before sunshine.

No comments: