Monday, July 21, 2008

DPoD July 22nd - Our Trip to the Turtle Races with a 6-Day Delay

Last week the 3 boys went off to visit our family in southwestern Ontario. Bright and shining on Tuesday morning we hopped into the car and headed southwest. We did the speed limit all the way there and I was super impressed at our savings in the gas tank. It took us about 30 minutes longer, but I measured that we saved at least 1/4 tank on gas. The boys were fabulous all the way there. We didn't have games or electronics in the car, the boys simply watched the world go by. Big C loved all the trucks (we're sure that there was at least one for every car on the 401), but missed the planes at Pearson airport as he was napping. We stopped at McDonald's for lunch. Again I was impressed as the boys each happily ate their Happy Meal - complete with a cheeseburger or chicken nuggets, apple slices and a chocolate milk.
We arrived in time for some good active play, after a round of hugs, and a chance to get reacquainted with cousin Banana. My has she grown up!
Supper brought out real country living - some super yummy pork chops, potatoes and sweet corn! Big C was eager to give it a try and he was really game for it. He was even so polite ask 'Please daddy, can I have some?'. How could I say no? I think that in the end he had about half of one of my ears of corn, but Monkey only had half of his (with about triple the margarine!) so I was able to have lots. We hit the hay early, eager for a day at the beach tomorrow!

No comments: