Thursday, July 3, 2008

Belated Canada Day Post

We had a blast on Canada day this year. In the first 4 days that Mr I was in Canada we either hosted or attended a grand total of 4 BBQs. He might leave thinking that is all that we do here! All of this talk of international students and BBQing reminded me, and mybe some of our long time viewers, of one of my favourite posts from this site. Last year when Y was here, we even went so far as to BBQ a pie. It got a lot of attention both from us and the Busseys.
We went over to the Bussey's for a BBQ and they had the pool out. In the absence of his proper swim suit Monkey found a perfectly reasonable solution to keeping his clothes dry and still going in the water. Apparently it is even more slippery this way!!!
Later the hose got hooked up to the side of the fort and aimed down the slide. We tried to capture a proper view of the splash made at the bottom of the slide when Monkey hit what rapidly became the mud hole.
Mr I was having fun with Jackie and Eric so I left to drop Dave and the kids off at home and came back to pick up Mr I. When I returned I discovered that the annual Canada day water fight was in full swing and Mr I was right in the middle of it. He is the one in the orange shirt.
He was having a ball.

No comments: