Monday, July 14, 2008

Is it just me?

...or are Big C's Sheets upside down? There is only blue plaid at one end. When you put it on the bed, the planes trains and trucks are (according to me, Saje) upside down. To the child in the bed, they are facing them so that when they look down at the sheets they are sleeping on, they are looking at them.
If you know me REALLY well, you will know that blankets the wrong way really isn't okay with me. Listen, we all have idiosyncrasies, and this is mine. When I lay under the butterfly quilt that Dave's grandmother made, it must be with the butterflies on the top with the antennas at the top where my face is. When I lay under the bear blanket that my mother gave me when I moved out, the bear must be facing the same way as me and facing outward. IT JUST NEEDS TO. Dave learned this early on (he could care less about such things). When I am sick and weak he is always so careful to get it right. When I am feeling fine, he does it the wrong way just to get a reaction.
So I was ready to complain to Olive Kids about the sheet sets, yes both of them, being incorrect. I took a look on line and every site that shows the sheets shows that when they are on the bed, they are only facing (what I would consider) the right way when the top is folded down.
This means that they were actually designed this way. I honestly don't know if I can cope with this. I might have to put the sheets on the bed with the blue plaid at the bottom just to cope.
So, since the old poll ran out and this one is up for interpretation. I am posting a poll in hnour of the sheets. Any comments that you have are welcomed in the comments section below.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice bedding for Big C;-) In Europe to keep things complicated top part of sheets are always folded down. However, there is usually something covering the sheets (just like in the picture of Olive Kids you show in your blog), so you don’t have a pattern looking down over another looking up

Anonymous said...

I think the way the picture is with Big C, that it is offensive (however only mildly). The main issue is that the bed is made improperly as the design, unfortunately, is for when the bed is made with nobody in it and not for the enjoyment of the child. I say Saje: Blaze your own trail.

Anonymous said...

Yep it bothers me too I must add

Anonymous said...

iT IS A BIT BOTHERSOME BUT I GUESS I COULD GET USE TO IT IF I HAD TOO

Anonymous said...

This from the person who centers skirt tags ;-)
I say no more.
You know who you are.